Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sports Fans Unite - Buy a Team

I ran across a PR on PRWeb a moment ago that struck me. Though the idea seems like it'll go somewhere, the production seems a little shaky.

I group (I suppose, they aren;t specific as to who they are)has created a new face to the Google search bar we all know and love. Luckily they've - so far - left it mostly white space with a little character to set it apart.

GMhomepage has reportedly launched a search engine (though not really, it's using Google) directed at sports fans in an attempt to corral all fans to their homepage. From their "About Us" snippet they seem hopeful that this will generate enough profit, through search, to collectively purchase and run a sports team.

I assume they are gaining revenue via Google Adwords, though that much was not clear.

It's an interesting tidbit and insight into the world of everyday Joe's trying to make their mark on the WWW. Anyway, I suppose it's a bunch of Joe's, there's not much to indicate otherwise.

Still, it's interestingly plain. If you want to check it out for yourself feel free.

www.gmhomepage.com.

I'm interested to hear what you (and Google) has to say.

Written by Kristen Owen in correlation with ContentWorth.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home